What is an Eco-Guesthouse?
The Ferrairolles was built by local craftsmen using the most sustainable materials possible. We live in close harmony with the land, while also living comfortably.
All bathrooms are equipped with special tabs to save water; the lamps are on LED bulbs; the electricity comes from solar panels; the wood stoves warm the house; and the sewer system looks like a lovely plant and flower garden.
We have implemented environmentally friendly initiatives such as:
- Thermodynamic heating
- Low-flush toilets
- Energy-friendly household appliances and electronics
- Eco-friendly cleaning products
- Use of exclusively local and seasonal food
- No meat dishes
- Minimum food waste
- Permaculture vegetable garden, vineyards, edible-plant landscaping, and sustainable gardening
- Storage of rain water to irrigate the gardens
- Cooperation with local businesses